Sunday, March 13, 2011

Full Plate Plan

I have been on so many diets, tried so many things, and have taken so many diet pills I am really sick of it. =[ The word diet is horrible in the first place. You should be changing your lifestyle and getting better not going on a diet to lose some weight.

About a week ago I was in a thrift store looking around. I noticed they had a sale on books: Fill a bag for a dollar. Well I love a good deal. So I started looking and found 5 or 6 intresting cookbooks, a romantic novel (ladies you know you have on or have read one before.), and some book on jimmy johnson (a friend of mine likes him alot.) Among the cookbooks I found was this one cookbook that i found intresting It had a picture of a plate on it and said The Full Plate...later on I looked at it closer and it said The Full Plate Diet. Well like I said I am not big on the word diet, but I started to read this book because somewhere in there were recipes. Normally I would go strighat to the recipes, but this time i started at page 1.

As I read this book I noticed that I could do this and that it was easy to follow. There were no restrictions or too much counting involoed. The basic concept is to eat 40 grams of fiber a day. Fiber is found in veggies, fruit, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. The book does say that you don't have to start with eating 40 grams a day, but to increase your fiber little by little till you get to that 40 grams a day. The book also says to drink plenty of water atleast 6 glasses a day. This sounds so much better than 8 atleast to me. So thats my new lifestyle that I am working on and doing now.

So far I am doing really well and taking baby steps. I don't drink as much water as I should, but I have been drinking more. Also I have increased my fiber and I am so excited. For example today I had 28 grams of fiber were normally I would of had maybe 8 grams all day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment