Friday, March 18, 2011

Full Plate Plan Recipe!!

I mentioned in my 1st post that I loved cooking and that I am following a Full Plate Plan to help me change my lifestyle. Well I thought I would share a recipe with you all. If you haven't been reading my post (shame shame..just kidding) The Full Plate Plan is all about eating more fiber and they say a great amount is 40grams of fiber a day. The book says you don't have to eat 40grams to begin with but adding more fiber to your lifestyle is a great start. So I was looking around the website, http://www.fullplatedietbeta.org/ , and i saw some recipes. So here is a recipe that I want to try one day (if you make it please let me know what you think.)

Mediterranean Chicken Pasta

• 1 14oz box of whole wheat bowtie pasta
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
• 1 16oz bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
• 1 16oz bag chopped frozen broccoli
• 1 16oz bag frozen spinach
• 1 medium onion chopped
• 1 13.25oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
• 1 25oz jar spaghetti sauce
• 1 14.5oz can Diced Tomatoes with garlic (or just plain diced tomatoes)
• 1 8oz bag morning Star Farms Chick's Strips (or already cooked chicken breast cut in strips)
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon McCormick Perfect Savory Pinch all purpose seasoning (no salt)

Cook pasta according to instructions on box (add salt or oil).

In a wok, or large pan, sauté all the vegetables in olive oil on low heat until completely thawed (15-20minutes). Add the spaghetti sauce (use the one cup of water to rinse out the extra sauce in the jar and add to the pan), tomatoes, chicken and seasonings and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and leave the pan uncovered.
Add the pasta to the chicken/vegetable pan and mix over medium heat. Cook another 5 minutes.

This recipe makes 8 servings and 1 serving equals 2 cups. One serving has 10 grams of fiber and 304 calories so this is a nice one meal dinner or a nice lunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment